Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boats, Dolphins, and Planes, Oh My!

So, today my sister, my father, and I went to this awesome place called Patriot's Point. We went aboard the USS Yorktown...

The USS Yorktown
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/USS_Yorktown_CV-10_Patriots_Point.jpg

...And it was absolutely AMAZING. If you imagine floating city that has it's own airforce and enough food to feed a small city, you've got it. There are jets on the top deck and in the ship. It even has an elevator for the planes. But this, for me, wasn't the coolest part. It was the fact that most places were not off-limits. You could walk through most of the ship. From the engine room to the bridge. I almost got lost. We even ate like a sailor!Don't forget the recipe for 10,000 cookies. We then lost it, but it had to do with 500 eggs and several pounds of sugar.

But something weird did happen today.

It is called an emergency button, a flight simulator, and some air conditioning.

It all started with the boarding of a flight simulator. The hydraulic door opened with a whoosh of sound and a dream of being alone on the ride. Well, that was crushed- like a grape. Two people came aboard, one man, one woman. The ride started, and was telling about safety- a crucial fact that states, "If emergency occurs, press emergency buttons above your head.." The girl presses it. The lights go dim, the cabin lowers, the screen goes blue, and alarms sound outside. The girl says, "I'm sorry! I thought that started the ride!" The attendant says pull down on the switch, then she restarts the ride.

When we got off no one spoke of it, until we got back to the beach house. Then we "ROTFLed" all over the place.

I haven't told you about the dolphins and water taxi... (I don't think I did...) Well, we rode a water taxi around Charleston Harbor. The dolphins came really close, and well, I got super excited. They snorted and played around the largest ship ever to come in to Charleston, SC. (It was SUPER huge!)

There is one last thing (well, two) that I would like to say.

Thank You.

I would like to say "Thank You" to all who serve and protect the United States of America. I see who you live and it makes me feel so thankful. After going to the Medal of Honor Mueseum on the USS Yorktown, it made me feel so thankful.

I really can't thank you enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. SOrry I haven't put comments on your site, but it doesn't really seem to work on my computer. Keep up the good work.

BTW this is Jibbles

ninjaman3010 said...

omg they has a video game museum on a floating city LOL

Post a Comment

 
;